Today our guest on The PARTNERNOMICS Show is Jay McBain, Chief Analyst – Channels, Partnerships, & Ecosystems at Canalys. Jay is an accomplished speaker, author and innovator int he IT industry. Named 2021 Channel Influencer of the Year by Channel Partners Magazine, Top 40 Under Forty by the Business Review, Channel A-list by CRN, and many other accolades. Jay is often sought out for keynotes, thought leadership and future industry guidance. He has spent his 28 year career in various executive channel sales, marketing, strategy roles within IBM, Lenovo, Autotask, ChannelEyes, and now Forrester.
If you’re interested in seeing additional work and insights from Jay you can visit his blogs about the IT Industry, channel management, and some of his own life sprinkled in here.
- Ecosystem: According to a recent EY report, the average number of B2B partner relationships has increased from 5 to 7 for organizations. What will this average number eventually grow to, and why?
- Innovation: Innovation is a huge part of ecosystems as organizations co-innovate to build or expand solutions. What is the best framework for innovation?
- a. The Innovator’s Method – Nathan Furr (Insight-Problem-Solution-Business Model)
- Profitability: An EY report claimed ecosystems are contributing on average 13.7% of total annual revenues, 12.9% in cost reduction. Do ecosystems have more promise for the revenue side or the cost reduction side of the profit equation?
- Negotiation: When negotiating deals, is it better to make the first offer or let your counterpart make the first offer?