Back to Course
Lesson 1, Topic 4
Foundations – 2
Topics in Video #2 & 2b
- Level set on job roles
- “Vendor” vs. “Partner”
- Transactional vs. Collaborative
- MSA vs Partnering Agreements
- “Complete” vs. “Incomplete” Contracts
- Partnering Mindset
- Role of Commitment
Questions to Consider:
- What are the mindset traits of a great strategic partnerships leader?
- How does the role of a supply chain manager differ from the role of a strategic partnerships leader?
- What is meant by “zero sum thinking” and is this a good approach for partnership professionals?
- Partnerships fall on a continuum between “transactional” and “highly collaborative/strategic.” What characteristics, such as “commitment,” differ between the ends of the partnering spectrum?